Qualification level: 3
Total qualification time: 1 day
This qualification is designed for those who have contact with children, young people or vulnerable adults in their working environment including voluntary work especially if you are the Safeguarding Officer or Safeguarding Lead in your organisation.
It promotes awareness and sensitivity to safeguarding enabling learners to be able to identify issues that may arise in their workplace, in places they visit as part of their work and how to keep themselves safe. It emphasises the responsibility to ensure that concerns are reported and acted on appropriately. This qualification is Ofqual regulated.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- Key elements of the law on safeguarding
- How practitioners can take steps to protect themselves from allegations and complaints
- How concerns can be reported
- Characteristics of different types of abuse
- Actions to take in response to evidence of abuse to agreed ways of working
- How to respond to disclosures of abuse within agreed ways of working
- People who the information of abuse, or suspected abuse may be shared with