Qualification level: 3
Total qualification time: 1 day
This is a national award satisfying the requirements of the regulatory body for First Aid – the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
This course requires a minimum of six contact hours in the classroom. There is a requirement to carry out CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) on the floor so learners must be physically able to work on the floor.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- Responsibilities and reporting
- Resuscitation and AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) awareness
- Assessment of the situation
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
- Minor injuries
- Basic hygiene in First Aid
- Bleeding control